Due to the current situation caused by the SARS-CoV-2 virus pandemic, the Roentgen memorial is closed until further notice.
Honoring the Discovery of the X-rays
A small laboratory located in the former Physical Institute of the University of Würzburg, now the University of Applied Sciences Würzburg, was the sight of one of the most important scientific breakthroughs in medical history. On November 8th, 1895, Prof. Dr. Wilhelm Conrad Röntgen discovered a new kind of ray, which he called X-rays. Opened in 1985, this historic site honors W.C. Röntgen and his discovery, while providing an insight into physics of the late 19th century.